Tuesday 13 August 2013

sometimes fate has a way of making you see things differently...

shortly after my post this morning, before my tears dried, before I stopped crying even, a man walked into my studio and asked how I was doing.  I told him that he caught me on a bad day, that my warp had a critical failure.

"Oh, my wife's a weaver, that happens all the time, I usually go to the pub until the dust settles." he said "Let me go get her!"

And so I met the right person at the right time.  Laurie Gundersen and her husband talked me out of my temper tantrum and gave me hope for my warp.  Her work can be seen here www.appalachianpiecework.com

The warp has been cut where it started to tangle, I'll deal with that later, much later, when I have my own studio again...a non air conditioned studio, with a big table to lay it out on.  For now, it will live in a ziplock bag.

After supper, Pierre and I are going to go back down town and deal with getting that warp back on the back beam.  It will go on and there will be shirt!
I am not a hack, I can do this.  It's not rocket science.

Thank you Laurie safe drive back to Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment