Tuesday 13 August 2013

I so want this shirt warp to happen,you really have no idea.

I sat with all the patience I could muster.  I opened the shed and very carefully eased the shuttle across.  I did this a total of three times, just working i thick cotton yet, so I can establish the straight.  I noticed my tension was slacking off, so I tightened the front beam a bit and started on the fifth row and poof...

well it was more like an ooze.  The sides of my warp slackened even more as the warp on the back beam slid off the edges.  I screamed NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

and started to cry.

I unwound the warp off the back beam, crocheting it up as I went.  It is now sitting on the back cross bar as I sit here and figure out what to do next.  I am heart broken.

I wanted this to work.  I wanted to say that yes, I hand made those shirts that Pierre wears, I wove the cloth even.  I wanted to do that for me, not for any recognition or awards, just to know that I had the ability to do it.  I am not thinking I have that ability any more.  I am feeling like a real hack right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment