Friday 5 July 2013

lots of tedious work this week

So it turns out I will have four weaving projects on the go...I need to buy more thread!
Because I have access to all of the looms if I like, I have wound up a lot of thread into warps.  Now I will have tea towels and dish cloths, strapping for reseating the chairs, table linen and the shirt fabric which I have bumped up to 15 metres from 5m.
This week I got the strapping on the loom myself and started weaving, I have about 2m of that done already.  Then yesterday I got two more warps on the looms, the dish and table linens.  I had been waiting for Pierre to get off work to come and help me wind them on the back beam, but he had to work late.  My friend Garth showed up to visit and I put him to work instead.  We got the two warps to threading stage, then when he had to leave for work himself, I started threading the dish linen warp.  I have that one to the point where I tie it on the front beam and can start weaving.

My plan is to have all four looms set up by the end of next week, so that I can then spend the summer weaving.

If you'd like to contribute to this project, gift certificates to the NSCAD store are most welcome.  I can offer my undying gratitude. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment