Wednesday 29 May 2013

starting to enter the blind panic stage...

So Louisbourg is now less than two months away.  Re-enacting season is upon us now and our time is getting booked up.  I also have another month of school to get through.
We are going to our first event next friday and this weekend I will be trying to finish a new frock coat for Pierre and start a 20 page paper.  I also have another 8ish reading responses to do for school.


aaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I can do this.

I didn't get the job at the Dartmouth Heritage Museum, their training started Monday.  Just as well, I guess.  It would have been an entry level job and I certainly have more than enough of those under my belt.  I need to take this summer and get my portfolio worked on, readings for my thesis to do, weaving I want to do.  Re-enactments I want to get to.  I have no reason to take an entry level job this summer, I will be busy enough.

Yes, this is me justifing not 'needing' the job.  I still feel bad though, I don't know why.

Well, I need to go read some stuff now.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm so sorry you didn't get the job, even if it's just as well. JOB SEARCHES. BLAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I didn't really want the job, but it would have been nice to get called for an interview. I realize that I am in that grey area though, between being over qualified (and too old) for summer positions, as they all cater to students in undergrad, under 25 years of age. I am neither. I am also under qualified for management positions as I have yet to get that MA. Soon though, and then on to PhD!

    It's not a big whoop. I have lots of stuff to keep me busy this summer.

    ReplyDelete