I have been working on things though, along with school work.
Pierre's frock coat is coming along nicely, it should be finished this weekend. My friend Dale is going to make buttons for me in pewter. Hopefully he can make some styles for me to sell this year at events as well. He seemed keen when we spoke. After the coat is finished, I need to make a waistcoat for Pierre, and then he will be ready for Louisbourg.
Yesterday I overhauled a waistcoat for a friend. It was bought for his town cryer outfit, but was getting a little tight. I took the fashion fabric backs off and replaced them with linen, eyeletted up the back so that he has some flexability in size. I also replaced the pockets. I told him that I'd like to overcast the buttonholes during one event in the near future, then I'd be happy with the progress towards a better period garment. I kept the backs and may make him a smoking cap out of them in the future. He's the kind of guy that should own a banyan and smoking cap.
The overhaul took three hours.
Saturday I am teaching a sacque workshop, so friday I will need to cut the linings out for Mum's new gown. I should also dig out and press up her fashion fabric, a nice linen in dark blue.
Speaking of linen gowns, I am slightly jealous of the ladies who are making silk gowns for themselves. I am trying to keep within my persona though, and I just can't justify a silk gown for myself. I just don't think a farmer's wife would own one for every day. My friend Wanda is making one up though as part of a lady of the evening ensemble, and she's going to wear the hell out of it. I can't wait to see how the heritage developes! In fact, I am excited to see how my linen gown holds up for the season. I am going to take photos of it's heritage progress.
And with that, I need to go and focus on the 21st C for a while, class this afternoon, and I am presenting!