Friday 15 November 2013

Thesis proposal, final round

Dr Randi said that this round of edits are probably going to be the last ones before I submit it to Dr's Westhaver and Wark for committee.  Today, one of my classmates is defending her thesis proposal, so I am feeling pretty good about things.  Though it is giving me motivation to get it done and get on to the defense.

I am also starting my politics and philosophy paper for Dr Howard.  Soon, I will be reading and writing about nothing but punk.  I am so done with class work, it's not even funny!  At least the politics paper is also about punk, I only have three weeks of other philosophers to read.

In my own class, Fashion Construction, we had a bit of a meltdown last week, when only two students of 15 turned in their work by the due time.  Only half by the end of the day.  As of yesterday, two don't get a mark for the October sample binder and skirt project, that's a chunk of points...I told them how spectacularly disappointed I was, all of them.  Maybe I'm too nice, I don't know.  I wanted them all to do well, but I can't force them to turn stuff in to be marked, I can't hold their hand and tell them to do it over again, a week late, and I'll give them a better mark.  I just don't know how to handle this.......

In other news, I make my last student loan payment today, 20 years it took to pay that sucker off.  I also have enough saved to go and purchase my loom this weekend, if we want to make a little drive.  I really need a studio...

No comments:

Post a Comment