Thursday, 11 December 2014

New in the shoebox

I haven't written anything here this Autumn because every waking moment, all Fall I have been sitting at this computer trying to edit my thesis into submission.  I have only been updating facebook, and even that not very well.

The thesis went to my second reader Dr Jayne on the first of September, major edits occurred after that, and then mid November it went back to her again.  I got everything back again last week and just had a meeting yesterday with Dr Randi about how to proceed.  I will be reading more over the holidays and editing again while the major junior tournament is on and I have a computer to myself between Christmas and New Year's.  Then at the beginning of term I will send it back to Dr Randi and it will go to the external examiner.

Oh, and I also have a fashion collection to finish...two jackets, a skirt, a dress...

I am having a Skype interview with a professor at Concordia tomorrow, Friday, afternoon to see about taking me on as a PhD student.  I am nervous as all get out about that one.  Am I good enough, all that crap.  Right now, all I really want to do is weave some textiles and make some historical clothing...

And I am, not weaving, but making some historical clothing.  We have a Regency Ball coming up on February 14th, I am making three gowns, for Mum, Laura and myself, and two pelisse coats for Mum and myself.  I started Mum's on the weekend, I have the bodice completely stitched, now I have to decide on sleeve length and cut them and the skirts.  Then send the remaining bits of fabric off to Joy who is making her bonnet.  Her gown is navy peachskin cloth, her coat will be camel wool with either boucle or fur trim.  My gown is gold silk/cotton sheer over gold satin.  My coat will be teal wool with fur trim, possibly a dark, almost black fur.  We haven't nailed down Laura's gown materials yet, but are closing in with stuff from her stash.

I have also been plugging along on the great embroidery project, I have the body complete and have begun working on the sleeves.  The first undersleeve is finished.  I can see the light at the end of this tunnel and am hoping to have it finished for the Kingdom A&S event in March in Montreal/Quebec.

I hope to get back to posting here on a regular basis again, now that things have calmed down and I don't feel so guilty about being here in the blog instead of over in the thesis.  I will be sewing a lot more next term too, so I will have stuff to talk about again that's not "ugh, the thesis!"

No comments:

Post a Comment