This damned linen!
I am now finally weaving...well, if you call it that. I got the warp tied on and the tension good, I tried to open the shed and it won't open. What have I done wrong? turns out, nothing. the linen is just that fuzzy that it is sticking together and not opening. Ok, so a little armstronging it apart and I started weaving. OK, now I'm having tension issues, so I stop and try to figure out what is going on. The back beam fell off the hook and was hanging there, all askew. Well, at least this time is wasn't the warp falling off. This was an easier fix.
So I start weaving, again.
The shed not opening is still being a bit of a bitch to my progress, but so is the fact that I'm not getting the weft threads to pack in tight enough.
Once again, we have cheesecloth. I am frustrated.
I have another hour before the cat groomer gets here to give Dubh a haircut. I have an email in to Williamsburg weaving studio. They just wove up a similar cloth this Spring. I hope I get an answer back soon...I might have to resort to the starch again.