Saturday 16 March 2013

Stopped into Fabricville this morning, the sale on the silk blends goes until the 8th of April.  I was feeling so bummed the other night, about not getting enough for a quilted petticoat when I bought the silk for fichu and aprons.  Now I can!

And I can wait until the third, and I've gotten paid again, because I also got a 15$ off cupon to be used between the 3rd and the 8th.  I will have a silk, quilted petticoat someday.  Now to find the time to quilt one up in my copious spare time...I am also embroidering an Elizabethan waistcoat, year three of that.  I get distracted easily.
But back to petticoats.  For an item of clothing that was so widely adopted, there are very few actually worn by re-enactors.  All of the local ladies are jealous of one of our newer ladies, as she is presently quilting one up and will have it ready for this summer season.  Maybe that's the boot so many of us need.  I probably won't get one made for this summer, but maybe next.

Tomorrow I will be putting together my portfolio for the summer residency, and maybe some embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment