Thursday 3 March 2022

What's Up Buttercup?

It has been a while. What happened to this year? Well, in July, we moved back east to Nova Scotia. Bought the Farm, so to speak. On the Annapolis River, 1.25 acres, with a small barn and some big plans. We have a couple of housemates who we are helping to land on their feet. One short term, and the other until she gets tired of us (she owns the animals who live in the barn and give us more purpose to life). 

It's been a year of adjustments as Pierre also saw the writing on the wall and retired from the Navy after 39.5 years of service. I jumped back into the job market. I also submitted my final draft of the dissertation to committee for defense, which should happen later in April. My good friend in the HUMA program defended last week, so she is now Dr. Bowie. I think I have a solid document and body of work, so I am sure I will follow suit shortly. 

Right now, I'm getting caught up on folks tailoring projects. I am putting stuff up over on my YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRwUQnCNuZJDvGy54BJOQJA is the link to find some decent stuff. We learn more with every video, so ask questions, get me to go over things that are confusing, or just give me hell if you like. I will try to keep everything spinning going forward. My Instagram and Facebook pages get updated the most because they are so easy to snap a photo and post. Needless to say, I've been feeling a bit...narcissistic? Is that the correct word? I'm promoting myself, such as it is, the best way I can during covid. Events are starting to be planned for this upcoming season here in Nova Scotia, and hopeful we will feel comfortable enough to travel again before the big 250th events begin to happen in the US. We will see what happens as it happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment