Monday 31 March 2014

on our own schedule now!

I passed the proposal defense with flying colours!  I managed to get four outfits completed for showing, a powerpoint slide presentation and answered questions like I knew my shit.  Yeah!
Outfit number three had a sweater I'm really not happy with, so I am reknitting it.  The yarn I chose originally didn't hold up to softness once it was washed for blocking.  it feels like plastic now.  I went rooting in the textile bins at school though and found a fairly nice worsted wool and I am working on reknitting now.  I donated a bag of yarns to replace the cone I took, so I'm still working within budget.  The fourth outfit was a shirtwaist dress with full 1950s skirt in black cotton and a bought moto jacket in pleather that I am reworking with ruffles and such.  I had planned to have one made in leather, but then this season they became "fashionable" and I bout the pleather one for 70$ at Reitman's.  Last Thursday I spent the day inserting a grosgrain ribbon frill into the collar.  Red on black.  It's striking.

Today I am taking the day off, working on housework, like laundry and such.  I'll knit for a bit, then it's off to a Cultural Studies party this afternoon at the Mount.
Tomorrow I am back on schedule!  I have five outfits left to complete, and a major paper to write, the first deadline being mid May with my intro and historical background and political art movements that contributed to UK punk.  I want this project finished by end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment